Sonrise Stable Companion Guide for Books 1 to 5
The Companion Guides supplement the Sonrise Stable books.
The first guide covers books 1 through 5. The second will cover 6 through 10. The books are spiral bound, so readers can write and draw right in the books. It will be fun for young readers to keep the activity guides and review them when they are older!
The first Companion Guide contains:
- Construct 3D paper horse models of the horses Scamper and Kezzie from the books
- Original, color horse stickers that may be placed in the book or elsewhere.
- Two full-color, 11 x 17 pages showing horse coat colors
- 4 Horse greeting cards with envelopes (designs may vary)
- Illustrated Scripture - the theme of each book is based on a Bible verse. Readers are encouraged to memorize the verses in their favorite translation. An illustrated version of that verse is included to help with memorization.
- Equine drawing lessons for each book, again with space to draw right along with illustrator Janet Griffin-Scott.
- Additional horse information and activities such as coat colors, the parts of the bridle, saddle, horse, etc.
- Horse Madlibs - create funny horse stories
- Questions from the back of the book with room to answer them.
- Book summary pages - readers will rate each book using a scale of 1 to 10 horseshoes and answer questions about that book such as their favorite part, character, animal, etc.
- 188 pages, 8.5 x 11
Younger kids will need help constructing these models. Which is easier? Although Kezzie has four pages vs Scamper's three, I found the Kezzie model easier. But that might be because I tried Scamper first. Once you've put one together, the process makes more sense and becomes easier.
Kezzie Paper Horse Model Assembly Instructions
Scamper Paper Horse Model Assembly Instructions
Purchase the Companion Guide separately or as a package with the Sonrise Stable books. View all the options on the Sonrise Stable store page.